Video Screen Capture
How to do a video screen capture on a PC with Windows 10 & 11
If you are using a PC with Windows 10 & 11 it is easy to do a video screen capture with the Xbox Game Bar. You do not need an Xbox to do this. The Xbox Game Bar is a free app that comes with Windows 10 and allows you to capture video.
- If this is your first time using the Xbox Game Bar you will want to familiarize yourself with it and make sure your microphone is working. The keyboard shortcut for The Xbox Game Bar is the Windows Key + G.
- Once you are familiar with the Xbox Game Bar, and you know your settings are suitable to record, you can use the shortcut keys which are Windows Key+Alt+R. Once you press the shortcut keys the recording will start.
- Once you have stopped your video screen capture, you will see a notification. You can click the notification to view your video screen capture, or you can view it in the Xbox Game Bar under Capture>Show all captures>Gallery.
How to do a video screen capture on a Mac
- If you are using a Mac, you can screen capture using the QuickTime Player. If this is your first time using the QuickTime Player, you will want to familiarize yourself with how the player works and where your video file will be saved.
- Once you open the QuickTime Player, you will need to go to File>New Screen Recording. You will then need to click on the record button. Once you are finished click the record button at the top of the menu bar to stop recording. Once the recording has stopped, you will be prompted to save the video file.
- The shortcut keys for the QuickTime Player are Command+Shift+5. Once you press the shortcut keys you will need to click record to start recording. Once you have finished recording, use the shortcut keys again and click record to stop recording. Your recording will be saved to the default settings for the QuickTime Player.
How to video screen capture using Google Meet or Zoom
- You can screen capture while in a Google Meet or a Zoom meeting using the programs previously mentioned for a PC or Mac.
- If you have the capability you can also record directly from Google Meet or Zoom. Please refer to the following links for information on how to record a meeting using Google Meet or Zoom.
Video Recording Using an iOS or Android Devices
You can also record video using your iOS and Android devices.
- Before recording on your device consider what you are trying to record and where you will place the recording device to record the best video and audio.
- Go to the camera on your device and press record.
- Once you have finished your video recording press the record button on your device to stop recording.
- Your video will be saved on your device with your photos unless you have another default setting. Please refer to our help page if you need more information about how to upload your video recording to a Mac or PC.
Videos can be large files. If your video is larger than 1 GB it will need to be compressed to ensure easy upload to our platform. Please refer to our help page if you need more information about how to compress your video.