Prior to recording your video there are several things to think about. Some of these things are:
1. Choose the right recording device.
Will you be recording from your computer, tablet, or mobile device?
2. Consider what you are trying to record.
What segment of the lesson are you trying to capture? Who is the focus of the video? Are you focusing on teacher actions or student actions?
3. Figure out where you will place the recording device.
Place your recording device somewhere where it will capture the action in the classroom without a human supporting it.
4. Decide the length of the video ahead of time.
5. Speak clearly.
6. You will want to hear yourself and the students.
Think about device placement, the volume of your voice, and your students’ voices when students speak. It might be helpful for you to repeat what they are saying.
7. Go for a test run.
Before you are expected to share a video, test it out. You can then watch the video and hear the audio quality and adjust as necessary.