When another user shares their video with you, you will receive a notification on your dashboard that reads “(Teacher) has shared one of their videos with you”. Use the following steps to participate in a shared video:
- To begin, click the “Leave Comments” button located next to the Shared Video notification.
- Click the “Play” button to start watching the shared video. The comment timer will also begin when the video begins to play.
- While the video is playing, click your cursor in the comment field to pause the video and enter any comment you would like to embed. Your comment will automatically get time-stamped to that particular instance in the video.
- Click “Options” to the right of the comments field to access a menu that allows you to dynamically categorize your feedback with a Type, Rubric, and/or Tag.
- Once you have entered your comment and optional tags, click “Save Comment”.
- Comments can also be edited or deleted from the comment summary box located at the bottom of the screen.
- When you are finished adding and embedding comments, click in the video title area or the “Insight ADVANCE” icon in the upper left to return to the home dashboard.
- Comments added to the Shared Video are automatically visible to the user that shared the video with you and any other participant in the shared-video dialogue.