- Launch the Photos app on your iPhone or iPad.
- Tap on the video you'd like to edit.
- Drag the left and right anchors in the top bar so the section of video you'd like to keep is within them. The left anchor lets you choose the start point and the right anchor lets you decide where the video clip will end.
- Tap the Trim button in the upper right hand corner.
- Tap on either Trim Original or Save as New Clip — the second option preserves the original video and creates a new file for your trimmed version.