For School and District Admin
Available to School and District Administrators only, the Data Access features allow administrators to create and save custom reports that can be run and exported at any time to enable a deep dive into observation results and instructional performance.
Reports can be pulled using a series of filters/parameters:
Observation Status: Observation Status indicates where an observation is in the process from initiation to completion. To learn more about each status, refer to the Observation Status article.
Observation Type: Sort by Video or In-Person observations
Observation Formality: The formality of an observation is flagged when a School Administrator creates an observation window, or when the teacher uploads a video outside of an observation window. It doesn’t impact the workflow, but can be used as an additional filter as needed. See this helpdesk article for more information on Observation Formality.
School: District Administrators can narrow their results by School. School Administrators will have their school selected by default.
Teacher: Select or multi-select teachers to view results for their observations only.
Observer: Select or multi-select observers to view results for their observations only.
Grade: Select to filter by grade band.
Subject: Select to filter by subject.
Framework: Select to view observations associated with a particular framework available to your accounts.
Score: Once you have selected a framework, you can choose an “overall score” to view. Observations that fall into that “overall score” category (the average of all entered scores) will be visible.
Window: If your School Administrators schedule Observation Windows to manage the logistics of observations, you can filter by those options here. Read more about Observation Windows here.
Year Created: This indicates the year the video observation was uploaded or the in-person observation was created.
Start/End Date: This sets a range of dates in which the video observation was uploaded or the in-person observation was created.
Reports include a line for each observation with all the relevant data and any ratings that were submitted by the observer - including an aggregated overall score! These results are in a format that is easy to manipulate, can serve as the base for custom charts, and is ready to upload into other systems. Not to mention, they make it easy to get a big picture - or narrowly focused – look at the state of instructional practice and key levers for growth within a district or school.
To utilize this feature:
- Ensure that you are logged in as District or School Administrator
- Select “Observation Reports” from the Admin Tools menu
- Make a selection under each filter you wish to apply. You can make multiple selections under each filter by holding the Control key (PC) or the Command key (Mac) while you click on each desired selection. You do not need to select a criteria for each filter.
- At the bottom, click “Apply Filters” or “Clear Filters.”
- Once your desired filters are applied, you can review the observations in the display:
- To export a CSV for the applied filters, click “Download Observation Data” at the top of the page.
- To save this set of filters for future application, click “Save Filter Set.” Keep in mind that all saved filter sets will be available to District Admin or other School Admin within the account, and available for them to apply to the data they have access to.